船 Ship

我有过多次这样的奇遇,

I have had this kind of adventure many times,

从天堂到地狱只在瞬息之间;

From heaven to hell, there is only a moment;

每一朵可爱、温柔的浪花,

Every lovely, gentle wave,

都成了突然崛起、随即倾倒的高山。

They all became the mountains that suddenly rose and fell down.

每一滴海水都变脸变色,

Every drop of sea water changes color,

刚刚还是那样美丽、蔚蓝;

Just was so beautiful, blue;

旋涡纠缠着旋涡,

Abruptly, vortex entangled the vortex,

我被抛向高空又投进深渊……

I was thrown into the sky and down into the abyss...

当时我甚至想到过轻生,

I even thought of suicide at the time,

眼前一片苦海无边;

There is no limit to the sea in front of you;

放弃了希望就象放弃了舵柄,

Giving up hope is like giving up the tiller.

在暴力之下只能沉默和哀叹。

Under violence, one can only have silence and lament.

今天我才有资格嘲笑昨天的自己,

Today I am barely qualified to laugh at myself of yesterday.

为昨天落叶似的惶恐感到羞惭;

Being ashamed of my fear, the fear like a leaf falling from tree;

虚度了多少年华,

How many years have I lost?

船身多次被礁石撞穿……

The hull was repeatedly hit through by reefs...

千万次在大洋里撒网,

Thousands of times sailing in the ocean,

才捕获到一点点生活的经验,

Only captured a little bit of life experience,

才恍然大悟,

Out of a sudden, realized,

啊!道理原是如此浅显:

Ah! The philosophy is so shallow:

你要航行吗?

Do you want to sail?

必然会有千妖百怪出来阻拦;

There will inevitably be thousands of monsters to block out;

暴虐的欺凌是它们的游戏,

Tyranny bullying is their game,

制造灭亡是它们唯一的才干。

Manufacturing demise is their only talent.

命中注定我要常常和它们相逢,

I am destined to meet them often,

因为我的名字叫做船;

Because my name is called a ship;

面对强大于自身千万倍的对手,

In the face of opponents who are ten times more powerful than ourselves,

能援救自己的只有清醒和勇敢。

Only awakening and braveness can save oneself.

恐惧只能使自己盲目,

Fear can blind you,

盲目只能夸大魔鬼的狰狞嘴脸;

It will only exaggerate the devil's face;

也许我的样子比它们更可怕,

Maybe my appearance is more terrible than them,

当我以生命相拼,一往无前!

When I fight with my life, I am going only forward!

只要我还有一根完整的龙骨,

As long as I have a complete keel,

绝不驶进避风的港湾;

Never drive into a sheltered harbor;

把生命放在征途上,

Put my life on the journey,

让勇敢来决定道路的宽窄、长短。

Let braveness determine the width and length of the future road of mine.

我完完全全的自由了,

I am completely free,

船头成为埋葬它们的铁铲;

The bow becomes the shovel to bury them;

我在波浪中有节奏地跳跃,

I jumped rhythmically in the waves,

就象荡着一个巨大的秋千。

Treating it like a huge swing.

即使它们终于把我撕碎,

Even if they finally shred me,

变成一些残破的木片;

Turn me into some broken wood chips;

我不会沉沦,决不!

I won't sink, never!

我还会在浪尖上飞旋。

I will still spin on the wave.

后来者还会在残片上认出我,

Successor will recognize me from the fragments.

未来的诗人会喟然长叹:

The future poet will sigh:

“这里有一个幸福的灵魂,

它曾经是一艘前进着的航船……”

"There is a blessed soul here,

it used to be a forward sailing ship..."

---- Chinese poetry from Hua Bai, translated via Google Neural Machine Translation

One of my favorite modern Chinese poetries.

Last updated